This is a fun and inexpensive activity for kids to make, and horses love them! We made these at our barn summer camp based on a recipe from camp counselor Zoey. The kids came home from camp excited about the treats and loved feeding them to the horses! It’s a quick and easy recipe with no baking required. All the horses and ponies enjoyed the treats and the girls were delighted with the result.
Zoey’s No-Bake Horse Treats Recipe
Servings: 6 treats
Time: 15 mins
- 6 peppermints
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Mix the rolled oats and water together until everything is damp. You can add more oats or water depending on the consistency.
- Add the molasses to the mixture and stir. The mixture should be sticky. Add more molasses if the mixture is not clumping together.
- Roll a small handful into a ball. The smaller the ball, the more treats you will have.
- Press one peppermint into the middle of each ball to make a cookie. You can also crush the peppermints and add them to the mixture.
- Place the treats on wax paper and place them in the fridge until they harden.
Thanks Zoey for sharing your recipe!